Yes, you read it right. There is No FM Radio in Samsung Galaxy S4.
Samsung Galaxy S4 was unveiled by the company on 14 March in their Samsung Unpacked 2013 event at New York. Even though the phone has very high end features (mentioned at the end of the post) and power packed hardware, it keeps out one very basic thing: FM radio.
Our studies show a trend shift of interest to digital broadcasting, specifically – focus on listening to music content in social networks or on the channel YouTube. The flagship model of our products are focused on customers who use digital content, which use modern formats and channels of information consumption. (Translated from Russian)
What do you think about Samsung’s this thought? The world is going closer towards a digital life so the old things must be wiped off? We think it’d be awkward when someone owning a Galaxy S, S2 or S3 has FM on his device but you inspite of having the biggest flagship of 2013 doesn’t. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Quick specs of the Galaxy S4:
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colours.
- 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution on a 5 inch screen, that gives a pixel density of 441 ppi.
- 2 GB RAM, 16/32/64 GB internal storage that is expandable upto 64 GB with a microSD card.
- 13 MP primary camera and 2 MP secondary camera, both capable of full HD 1080p video recording.
- Exynos 5 Octa-Core (5410) CPU with Quad Cortex-A15 cores clocked at 1.6GHz and Quad Cortex-A7 cores clocked at 1.2GHz or a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 CPU clocked at 1.9GHz (Depending on the market).
- PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU running at up to 533MHz or the Adreno 320 GPU (Depending on the market).